Sunday, July 29, 2007

Daddies Do It Differently

Probably one of the hardest things I've had to learn as a mom is to let my husband do things his way - especially when I'm out of town.

While I was at BlogHer, Pumpkin:
  • Did not have a bath. It's Sunday. His last bath was the one I gave him on Thursday. Gross.
  • Did not eat any veggies or fruit. He did eat plenty of pizza, chicken nuggets (not the healthy ones I make, but the icky frozen kind), and mac & cheese.
  • Did not go to bed before 9:30 p.m. His usual bed time is around 8.

On the plus side, Pumpkin had a blast with G. They wrestled. They played in outside. They went for walks. They read tons of books. They "camped" in the living room (complete with an electric lantern for light and S'mores -the cereal kind).

I can't wait to get home!

6 comments:

Frema said...

Jackie, your blog is awesome! I'm so glad you're doing this!

I wish I had a better comment in me, but I've finally returned home from BlogHer and I. am. TIRED.

Isabel said...

It was so awesome to get to meet you and hang out with you this weekend. Seriously!!

Lost A Sock said...

I love your blog!! You were one of the first I had to check out when my butt hit the computer chair yesterday. :0) I had a great time hanging out with you this weekend!

Liz said...

i heart your blog! and i heart you, too!

it was so great to meet you and now, a new blog to stalk! yay for me (boo for you?).

i got home last night to a filthy house and a messy baby but i've never been so happy to sink my nose into that little boy's neck and nuzzlenuzzlenuzzle.

boys will be boys, and our sons are lucky to have dads that go livingroom camping. awe.some!

Lizarita said...

Dude. You rock. SO GLAD you came tio BlogHer and we got a chance to hang out!

CPA Mom said...

sounds like Pumpkin had a better time than I did during the same time period next year, I'll stay at your house and he can go to BlogHer with you. HA!