Pumpkin likes girls. Not like-like girls, but he believes girls can be his friends. Pumpkin's friends, particularly Zach, are in the "girls are germy" stage.
He came home from school one day this week talking about how Zach won't play with girls. "He doesn't like girls," Pumpkin told me. "He HATES girls."
(Granted, Zach has two older brothers, so I'm sure most of this comes from them.)
I asked Pumpkin what he thinks about girls. "You're a girl and I like you," he said. "Girls are my friends."
That said, Pumpkin does not like playing "housekeeping" with the girls. Housekeeping? From questioning him, sounds like "housekeeping" is what I used to call "playing house" but Pumpkin's definition of housekeeping is this: "You know, one person dusts, one washes dishes, one makes dinner - but its pretend food, not real food."
At the Valentine party yesterday, several of the girls distributed Disney princess valentines. "Look Zach!" he said. "Maya gave us princess cards! I like princesses!"
"Yuck! I hate princesses!" said Zach as he threw out the Sleeping Beauty valentine.
"My mommy's a princess," Pumpkin told him. I kissed his head for that.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment