Since he was born, we've really limited Pumpkin's TV time. He gets an hour on weeknights, right after dinner before bed. On the weekends, he gets a little more - maybe one kid movie on top of his dinner/bed hour. (Recent fave: Bee Movie - go figure, those bees wore clothes.)
Recently, however, P's been spouting the best in television commercials. See, even though kid content isn't on the TV, sometimes, it's just on, especially in "boy world" (i.e., the basement) where ESPN and other sports run virtually nonstop.
His three favorite:
Snuggie - Because, really, who isn't obsessed with the Snuggie. I mean, the commercial is EVERYWHERE and like it or hate it, everyone's talking about it.
P: "Mommy, you need a Snuggie. Regular blankets slip and slide. The Snuggie will let you reach for things!"
F-150 Trucks - The trucks are big and the commercials are loud and fast paced. What's not to love!
P: "Grandma, if you had an F-150, you could bring home a BIG swimming pool for me. F-150s have the greatest towing capacity in the whole world! They're the best trucks on the road!"
Capital One - The commericals are goofy, and if you're in the market for a credit card these days, you may have the mentality of a four year old.
P (over dinner): "Mommy, what's in YOUR wallet?"
Now, I'm in a marketing-related career, and I certainly enjoy hearing when the messages I've written are repeated, or someone references an event or project in which I've been involved, but it's really startling when you're own kid is spouting ad-speak and taglines.
I really just hope he doesn't start quoting from the ever-present-on-sports-content ads related to ED. Really don't know what I'd do if P started quoting from a Cia1is or Vi@gara commerical.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment