Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Go Away Monster Spray(TM)

Pumpkin decided last week that he has monsters in his room. Really scary monsters.

We introduced Pumpkin to a toddler bed after some close calls in the crib, and he seems to be doing fine. Well, except for the monsters.
"I love the big boy bed! I can fill it with all my treasures!"

It started with furious pounding on his bedroom door one morning. "Daddy, I skaaared!" Pumpkin cried out.

G and I rushed to his room and found him clutching his blankie, standing by the door.
"Monsters," he said. "In my woom."

"Can you show me where the monsters are?" I asked.

Pumpkin took me to his bed, got on his hands and knees, and peered under the bed. "Down here," he said, pointing.

"I see. I have an idea, but it will involve a trip to Target after work to buy some special monster repellent. We'll make sure to get rid of the monsters before you go to sleep tonight," I promised.

"Otay," he answered.

The solution: Go Away Monster Spray(TM), aka water with a hint of Febreze. As I explained to Pumpkin: "The scent, as you probably know, repels monsters who don't like pleasant odors. The images on the bottle are just representations of the types of monsters that fear the Go Away Spray. This is not meant to be a comprehensive list of all the monsters repelled by this magic elixir."

Ha! Mommy: 1, Monsters: 0

The result: Two nights of spraying Go Away Monster Spray(TM) under the bed, in the closet, into shadows and corners of his room, and no monsters have been seen since.

6 comments:

Lost A Sock said...

You are GOOD!

Liz said...

GENIUS!

CPA Mom said...

Clever, clever mommy. I've seen other people do similar things but your spray bottle is priceless!

Anonymous said...

I am filing that one in my secret bag of tricks right now.

Jill said...

i think i had intended to post that i had JUST thought of this a couple of months ago. and i just googled it. it's been done. DOH! But I admire you for following through with it yourself. awesome!

Jill said...

you've been added to the meeces
http://lil-mousehouse.blogspot.com/