A snippet of a conversation with a toddler:
"More Mickey Mouse, please," Pumpkin requested.
"No, baby, it's time to go upstairs and take a bath," I answered.
"Why?"
"Because you're dirty."
"Why?"
"Because you didn't take a bath last night."
"Why?"
"Because you have dry skin like Mommy, and it's better to have a bath every other day."
"Why?"
"So your skin doesn't dry out."
"Why?"
"That's how we're made."
"Why?"
"Just 'cause. Now let's get some water in a sippy cup."
"Why?"
"Because you'll want some in the middle of the night."
"Why?"
"Because you'll be thirsty."
"Why?"
"Because you sleep with your mouth open."
"Why?"
"Pumpkin, I don't know. Let's go upstairs to take a bath."
"Why?"
"Haven't we already talked about this? You're dirty."
"Why?"
And...the circle of conversation is complete.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I was just talking with my husband the other day about how we're expecting this any day now. I can't wait! Hahahaha...
because I said so, that's why. my mom always gave us an explanation. if that wasnt enough, it was because she said so and the conversation was over :-)
The why stage gives me a headache!
eh hem. halloween picture please!
wow i feel awful for doing this again, but where are you. you are so funny and brighten up my day!
Where have you gone???
Post a Comment