It's not one of those dreams: you know, where everyone is naked but act like nothing's wrong. It's not even the dream where you're the naked one and everyone is pointing and staring. No, this is real.
I have a client meeting in a few weeks. A meeting that will take place - at least partially - in water, in p00ls. A meeting that will dictate not the tried-and-true black business suit, not "business casual." No, I'll have to wear a swimsuit.
I have a new client, which has been part of the reason that I've been MIA recently. I'm really excited about this client, but I'm a little leery of donning a swimsuit, playing in the H2O with a client (and colleagues), and talking business while wearing a skimpy spandex suit.
There's no way out of this. I've need to visit each location over the next few months, and in order to fully understand the needs of each property, I need to "experience it." Shirts and coverups over swimsuits are against the rules.
I really don't have anything appropriate to wear. I'm thinking a suit should be 1) flattering (of course), 2) able to withstand playing in H2O, and 3) comfortable. And, I just realized that this means I'm going to have to get waxed before the meeting - ugh, one more thing for the to-do list.
So tell me: where did you find your last swimsuit? Any suggestions for a business-appropriate suit? And, where can I find something this time of year.
Totally appreciate any suggestions you may have...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
My last swimsuit was bought at Target. I can't believe it either. But their stuff is pretty seasonal, so I wouldn't expect much of a selection in October. Probably best to try on-line and buy a couple of different ones to try on. Return whatever doesn't work.
ugh how about something with a built in or LOOKS built in skirt. i can't imagine having to do that during the "winter" ugh!
this must be a joke, right? A "business" bathing suit?!
Really? A business meeting in a bathing suit? Oh my.
Old Navy online almost always has swimsuits available.
Me? I got my suit from Lands End online, where you can design your own suit. I got mine with a fashionable built-in skirt--I love it. A nice tankini that's flattering to my not-so-svelte 18 month postpartum figure. Not cheap, but totally worth it for a quality suit that will stand up to both chlorine and sun and handwashing.
Post a Comment