Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I'm Back...

It's been a hell of a couple of weeks.

Warning in advance: some bitching and lots of sentence fragments ahead; I'll try to keep it minimal, but you've been warned...

Work: Crazy busy. More so than usual. More so than since Pumpkin was born. Just finished two BIG new business proposals. Talking 11, 12, 13 hour days plus weekend work. Won one. Second one (and the one I'm most excited about) still TBD. Can't and won't say any more about work.

Family: With my crazy schedule over the last couple of weeks, I've spent very little time with G or Pumpkin. In fact, G was on vacation last week. He spent it at "the compound," aka my parent's house. (It's 80 wooded acres in the middle of nowhere Tennessee - it's almost an hour to the nearest grocery store, and more than 70 minutes to the nearest Target. My parents moved there three years ago, and they love it. That far into the boonies, it's just not my thing.)

G took Pumpkin with him, leaving me home alone last week. At first, I was looking forward to spending time alone, especially because work was so busy. In reality, however, it was really, really lonely.

G and Pumpkin, however, had a blast. They helped with some remodeling and watched lots of football.
Pumpkin finds his inner Bob the Builder (or in his words: "Builder Bob.")

House: Where to start? I'm hardly the only person in the blogosphere dealing with house issues. Somehow, though, I thought our house would be different, that it would sell within days. We'd be in a new, bigger house by now, talking about babies. All would be good.

In reality, we put our house on the market just as everything was crashing. We've been on the market for just over a month. We've had one showing as part of an open house, and not even to a serious buyer. Every day, houses are being reduced by $10K, $15k, even $20K. If our damn house can sell, we'll get a hell of a deal on a new house. But, how low will we have to go to move our's?

When we bought this house almost six years ago, I knew it would be too small for a family. Then came Pumpkin, and we're still in this house. It's crowded. And, now, I'm ready for another baby. But we don't have to move - nothing dictates moving this month or even this year. We live in a nice neighborhood, and with the house staged and furniture and crap moved out, it's actually somewhat comfortable.

G is scheduling a meeting with the realtor this week. We're willing to reduce our price a little, but because we're not desperate yet, I don't want to drop it drastically. I'm still in denial.

There you go. In a nutshell, that's where I've been for two weeks. Now, I'm going to catch up on my blog reading. Good night!

3 comments:

CPA Mom said...

Welcome back!! work - sounds like tax season. yuck. family - builder bob is hysterical. but anyhouse that far from Tar - jay? Insanity. House - CRAZY! I am glad I'm not in the market. I can't believe how bad it go in three short years. Did you try ST. Anthony?

Jilt said...

We're burying St. Joseph in the yard this weekend. Hopefully, that'll help. At this point, it can't hurt.

Amy W said...

I am not telling you to drop your price a ton, but price drops in a market like yours that are only a little bit won't do much good...sorry. I live with a real estate agent!!